Send your ideas to our Twitter:

Tweet your ideas to:

Thursday, February 23, 2012

34,722 miles

It's funny that everything in my life was racing at the moment and yet the car was sedentary. She slept comfortably in the back seat, my brown blazer keeping her warm, as I watched her sleep. I never felt so lucky in my life. The truth is that nothing had gone to plan but it didn't matter, for that weekend she was mine and nothing could change it otherwise. It was dawn.

She tried hiding him from me, but I met him before. I knew who he was, and he knew my intention, but she kept us away from each other, at least I think she did. I recall moments in restaurant with friends, Patrick and Brian, after a concert showing pictures of her adventures and he would show up. She would play it off as "a friend" or "no body" but I knew who he was. Still I mustered up the courage to get her to run away with me for the weekend.

The town would be ours: music, plays, food, drinks and Los Angeles. I still recall the preparation and what I would say to her, yet she is the one who surprised me days before we ran. "We need to talk", my heart froze when she typed those words." You know I have a boyfriend right?", the fear of rejection came to me, so petrifying that I felt the urge to regurgitate and yet then she continued on how things would change and that she was going to break up with him that very weekend. Instead of breaking my heart, she had made it smile, she just wanted a permission to slightly change our plans to do the deed, break his heart, forget him and spend it with me. Saturday morning would be his last day, but we still had thursday and friday. Thursday, the tap dancing gimmick band entertained us while we contemplated the solution to the issues of our lives; fridays we became humanitarians as we donated money to the starving artist whose equipment was stolen the night before. Yet saturday was what I was most concerned off. Would she really do it? Was she just stringing me along for a ride or using me? Of course I was insecure, he was a pretty boy actor, I was a poor pizza boy, and yet I had some sort of faith. We checked out of our hotel room on saturday morning, to spend it with him, eventually trying to do the deed, and I would explore Los Angeles and wait till she returned in an 4 hours. Those hours turned into half the day, half that day turned into all the day and by then night had arrived, I stood heart broken in a Denny's on Sunset Blvd and then I get a call with an apologetic voice. She explained that he refused to let her go so easily, as I would in his situation, making it harder to come back to me. And yet she did.

We headed to our friends Patrick's apartment who would let us share his couch, enough room for one of us, but two would suffice, but by then Patrick refused to answer. Leaving us to spend it in her car. She had no complaints. She could have gone home, she could have lied to me and stayed with her ex boyfriend, she could have done many things but instead choose to meet me in los angeles to eventually spend the night in a car. I took the role of the last Centurion as she began to fall asleep. Ever vigilant. How could I sleep? When my heart was racing, the girl of my dreams had no issues sleeping in a tiny car with a boy who had nothing to offer except his heart. Till then, I never felt so lucky and I knew it was just the beginning.

F#minor

No comments:

Post a Comment